How to Reduce Bounce Rate?
It’s very important what kind of interactions, tendencies and behaviors the users visiting e-commerce sites have. Because when we kept under observation and analyze these details, we can find out the developments, improvements and strategies that our website needs. If our website perform better in these areas, we can appeal to the target audience. In this process, one of the important things that will help us measure how successful we are from the perspective of the users is the bounce rate.
Did you ever wonder how many visitors leave after only looking at the first page of your site, and how many choose to stay and explore the rest? That’s exactly what bounce rate gives you! And as you can guess, the more potential customers tend to spend time in your website, the more you’ll get a chance of making a sale. At this point, if your website's bounce rate is too high, your goal of achieving a successful position in e-commerce will be negatively affected. Therefore, a bounce rate above a certain level means big problem.
8 Tips to Reduce Bounce Rate
1. You should choose a design that will not interfere with the loading speed of your website and will allow it to be opened easily.
2. You should make sure that your website is mobile-friendly, functional and has a structure that prioritizes user experience.
3. You should pay attention to SEO and content compatibility, along with the quality and diversity of your content.
4. You should avoid using pop-up ads heavily.
5. You should consider the user search intent of your target audience.
6. Your homepage should support the perception that you can best present the service, product or information visitors are looking for.
7. You should ensure that your content, products or services are easily understandable, and you did a good job with link building, so that your visitors are able to navigate your site easily.
8. You should pay maximum attention to the appearance, design, colors and fonts of your website.